History - How it all started
He started his first training centre for Karate at the age of eighteen. During this period, he won many state and national level titles in Karate competitions. He also won the Indo-Iran good will cup. Through these years, he has been connected with numerous well-known schools of Baroda.
Some of the schools he has been associated with are Utkarsh Vidyalaya (1989 – 2004), Mother’s School (1992-1995), Nalanda International School, Experimental School, Little Flower School and Vishwa Jyoti High School.
Martial arts training taught him that there is no pill or short cut for success, but years of rock hard training, practice & continuous work brings success in any field. His passion for fitness kept him in touch with regular exercise in the Gym. It was at this point, that he decided to start a fitness centre of his own. Hence, Pioneer Health Club and Gym was established in 1994 at Utkarsh Vidyalaya.
Within two months Pioneer became very popular in the surrounding area. In order to accommodate the large number of clients wishing to join the centre, Mr.Jayesh decided to make the gym more spacious, ventilated with additional facilities.
Thus, Pioneer Fitness Centre in its present form was established at the top of his residence. Mr.Jayesh designed it from scratch. Each and every equipment was custom-made and designed by Mr.Jayesh for proper positioning, efficiency and comfortable usability within the gym. Even Dumb-bell and Bar-bell stands are constructed in such a way that one can lift them without stressing their lower back.
Till date, Mr.Jayesh Mistry has trained more than 20,000 people in martial arts and more than 15000 people in his fitness centre including corporate executives, air-line staff, models, media, Doctors, students and housewives. Apart from Martial arts, Mr.Jayesh has a firm background in Yoga.
- He has learnt Yoga personally from Mr.Shanti Kumar Bhatt (Editor of Mumbai Samachar and personal trainer of Late Hon. Prime Minister of India - Mr. Morarji Desai)
- He has also taken personal training from Yogacharya Mr.Dushant Modi.
- He has taken Martial Arts training & Boot training from Mr. Parvez B Mistry, President of Indian Karate Federation.
- Mr. Jayesh is a certified Karate trainer. (Exam & Training conducted by Iranian Olympic team Manager, Mr. Nasser Agh)
- He has also taken training from Mr. M. Donald (IPS Officer & Chief Trainer of IPS officer Hyderabad)
- He has been learning Tai Chi from Mrs. Kim (Chinese Women Tai Chi Champion)
- He has taken training from Australian sport physiotherapist & Practiced with Dr. Amit Shah ( Dr. Amit Shah is Currently working as Indian Cricket team's Physio.)
- Mr. Jayesh is also a certified Reflexology and Massage expert. (Thailand)